Monday, February 11, 2013

Rainy Days


 It was overcast and rainy today. A rarity in the desert. When my day begins well, the cloudy days are peaceful and playful. When my day is not so great(like today), these days are mostly gloomy and melancholy. My kids on the other hand, were excited about the rain and spent lots of time in front of the window watching it soak the neighborhood. Watching them made me smile and begin to appreciate the new life that can sprout up because of raining day. Tiny seeds gain access to nutrients through the rain and eventually grown into large canopies providing shelter from that same rain.  Regardless of my mood, the rain is God's way of saying that life goes on, good or bad. It made me want to make sure my days were filled with more of the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment